Red Bull Racing Esports drivers Marcel Kiefer and Frede Rasmussen have been put through their paces at the Red Bull Athlete Performance Centre to improve their physical and mental performance ahead of the F1 Esports Pro 2020 season. Here is all you need to know:
– The pair were flown to Austria for three days of training and testing to better understand their body and mind – enabling them to reach peak performance.
– Kiefer and Rasmussen were given access to nutritionists, physiotherapists, psychologists and personal trainers as they look to mount a title charge.
– German Kiefer, 22, explained: “The APC covers every single aspect that you need as an athlete – more than you would expect. I learnt that my daily routine and schedule is everything. Having a clear structure to my day affects every aspect of my life, not just racing. I really enjoyed my time at the APC, it was really cool.”
– Dane Rasmussen, 20, added: “I definitely learnt a lot about sleeping, and that I need to change my sleep schedule! I’m also trying to eat better. I’m feeling good going into the season. I’m just going to do my best and hopefully my best is enough to win again.”
– The first event of the season is happening now over October 14-15 with the drivers tackling three Asian locations across Bahrain, Vietnam and China tracks.
– The Bahrain International Circuit played host to the curtain-raiser – the only 2020 event held at night-time conditions – then Vietnam around the super-difficult new Hanoi Street Circuit before ending at the tyre killer that is the Shanghai International Circuit.
– Kiefer said: “I’m not here to finish second, I’m aiming for both titles. The competition is really strong, so we will have to fight hard to win both championships!”
– Final driver Finn Tino Naukkarinen, 20, who is fully committed despite not attending the APC, revealed: “I’ve been working with the Team for two months now, we’ve been practicing a lot and finding good set up tweaks. I’m working hard and trying to contribute as much as I can to defend the constructors’ title.”