Racing point surprised Sergio Perez: “nobody told me anything”

Date:

Despite of Sergio Perez statement via social media on Wednesday evening that after the season he would be leaving Silverstone-based team, the Mexican has revealed he only learned it just hours before about his exit was announced officially: “I found out last night”.

“I got a call from Lawrence [Stroll, team owner], he called me yesterday – that they were going into another direction… nobody told me anything [before that] but I already knew and figured out a couple of things and the final confirmation came yesterday,” said S. Perez.

On Wednesday evening Sergio Perez confirmed that he is leaving Racing Point at the end of this season despite the fact he signed three-year contract last year.

In a statement the Mexican said: “Everything in life always has a beginning and an end, and after seven years together, my time with the team will come to an end after this season.

“It hurts a bit as I bet on the team during very rough times; we managed to overcome obstacles and I am very proud of saving the jobs of several of my team mates.”

On Thursday morning Racing Point announced that Ferrari pilot Sebastian Vettel would be taking his place in 2021 season.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Coronel Brothers – ready for Dakar 2022

In the line for the final scrutineering the Century...

Seven weeks of preparation for 14 hours of racing at the WEC finale in Bahrain

The FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC) starts its grand...

Cambrian Gravel awaits Cronin

Saturday's Visit Conwy Cambrian Rally marks the penultimate round...

X44 claims top qualifier spot for Enel X Island X Prix

Following three action-packed races in Saudi Arabia, Senegal and...