Johan Kristoffersson and Mattias Ekström shared the 2020 FIA World Rallycross spoils at this weekend’s Neste World RX of Riga-Latvia. Here is all you need to know:
– In Saturday’s fifth round, Swede Kristoffersson and compatriot Ekström won their respective semi-finals with Timmy and Kevin Hansen qualifying for the final.
– Two-time champion Kristoffersson was in a class of his own as he raced away leaving Ekström in second, Timmy third and Kevin fourth to set up a fun Sunday.
– The sixth round around the Bikernieki circuit was a similar affair with Kristoffersson and Ekström both winning their semi-finals again to reignite their battle.
– 2016 champion Ekström produced a brilliant drive to hold off Kristoffersson for the victory with Sweden’s Robin Larsson in third, Timmy fourth and Kevin in sixth.
– Audi’s Ekström is 17 points behind Kristoffersson’s Volkswagen in the 2020 title race as reigning champion Timmy sits third with four rounds left this season.
2020 FIA World Rallycross Championship standings
1. Johan Kristoffersson SWE Volkswagen 166 points
2. Mattias Ekström SWE Audi 149
3. Niclas Grönholm FIN Hyundai 117
4. Timmy Hansen SWE Peugeot 111
5. Robin Larsson SWE Audi 101
6. Kevin Hansen SWE Peugeot 96
By: Red Bull Pool