Spaniard Pol Espargaró and Frenchman Johann Zarco clinched top-five finishes around the Aragón circuit as Italian Andrea Dovizioso gained a few points to keep his MotoGP title hopes alive. Here is all you need to know:
– Japanese rider Takaaki Nakagami started on pole for the first time in his MotoGP career, however his race did not last long as he crashed out on the opening lap.
– Italian Franco Morbidelli, who started second, duly held off the challenge from Yamaha’s Spanish duo Alex Rins and Joan Mir to claim his second victory of the year.
– Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Espargaró stayed out of trouble to keep his impressive form going in fourth with Reale Avintia rider Zarco following him home in fifth.
– Portugal’s Miguel Oliveira finished sixth with Spanish rookie Iker Lecuona matching his season’s best in ninth and Ducati’s Dovizioso 13th for three valuable points.
– South African Brad Binder crashed into Australian Jack Miller on the opening lap, while Repsol Honda’s Álex Márquez did not finish after back-to-back podiums.
Teruel GP result
1. Franco Morbidelli ITA Petronas Yamaha 41m 47.652s
2. Alex Rins SPA Suzuki Ecstar +2.205s
3. Joan Mir SPA Suzuki Ecstar +5.376s
4. Pol Espargaro SPA Red Bull KTM +10.299s
5. Johann Zarco FRA Reale Avintia +12.915s
2020 MotoGP rider standings
1. Joan Mir SPA Suzuki 137 points
2. Fabio Quartararo FRA Yamaha 123
3. Maverick Vinales SPA Yamaha 118
4. Franco Morbidelli ITA Yamaha 112
5. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati 109